Skip to main content

Lets get started: The Purpose of this blog

Let's be frank, I've known about blogging a long time ago. Around 2012, I'd been very passionate about owning a blog or a website. I posted my first article September 30, 2016.
Why such big gap between when I had the idea of owning a blog and when I actually started blogging? Not just blogging; I've also experienced  this kind of scenario in other areas of my life.

I've taken time to reflect about this and below are the few reasons I was able to map out.

Connecting With  Others

As a result of my upbringing, I've learnt to do things on my own. Although I've built a life of confidence and grit in what I do, ( at least to some extent ), I've come to discover that productive  team work is inevitable. This has to do with connecting with the right set of people.

As regards owning a blog, I remember spending all night trying to create one. I eventually became frustrated because I just didn't understand how to go about it.

I recall thinking perhaps I had to have super knowledge about using computers and blogging before I could create one.

Until recently.

My sister, Christiana, had been blogging since 2012. I sometimes wonder why I didn't consult her all this while.
Precisely September 22, 2016, in less than 30 minutes, with her assistance, I became a blogger.  She taught me the basics and I discovered blogging wasn't such a big deal as I thought.

Unconsciously, we create big barriers in our minds that prevents us from beginning a new behaviour. Such barriers can be removed easily if we connect with the right person.

Mental limitations.

Another reason that kept me waiting were the mental limitations I placed on myself. I wanted to build a flawless blog. A blog where the traffic rate would be exponential.  I considered my contents (the ones I posted on Facebook and other social medias) not good enough for the audience.
"Would people agree with this article"
"There are people with better ideas than I have."
"Would I be able to keep up with posting articles regularly"
"I'm certainly not up to the task"

All these barriers  have kept me from blogging since 2012.

Swept away by  the urgencies of life

Numerous times I'd thought about owning a blog. This thoughts were usually swept away by the urgent things I needed to do. I would tell myself, this is not the the right time. I have classes to attend, notes to update, assignments to complete, tutorial classes to take, emails to attend to, social media messages to reply and so on. These reasons may sound genuine but the problem with them is that they push the important tasks to the future. After all,  the important tasks are without deadlines and can be completed anytime in the future.

The truth is that until we make time for what is really important to us, we  would keep responding to everyday emergencies.

What important behavior have you procrastinated to begin in the future?
The first step to take is to - connect with the right person who would give you tips, information, or the assistance you need; step away from the mental limitations you'd had in the past and make a schedule for your new behaviour.

Back to the question. What is the purpose of this blog: Having overcome the barrier of starting, I have chosen this platform to share my knowledge and research on achieving your goals and building life long habits.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Slow Forward Match to Greatness

We all have goals that we’d like to reach. And, if we had the choice, we would prefer to reach them sooner rather than later. We want to get results now. We want to make plans, pursue them and achieve immediate results. My experience teaching younger children has taught me some life lessons. First, the power of patience. Second, the power of repetition. Third, the power of learning by portion. Esther is a little girl I teach. She's active and ready to learn but easily distracted. She was yet to master the use of letters to form words. Words that rhyme. My goal for her was to make her master two-lettered words in one week, three-lettered words in the second week, four-lettered words in the third week. All in three weeks. By the fourth week, she would begin to read texts written from two letters to four letters. I set these goals in high spirits. I thought within myself:  If I can achieve this - I'll count myself an effective teacher, besides her parents would be impressed the

Pearls from Proverbs

Life is complex. No one dares go through life without a chart, map or compass. So many people paddle along with faulty compasses and others with no compass at all. What else could give us insight about life but books - writings. There's something awesome about the book of Proverbs. Proverbs I mean - not tribal sayings but the book of Proverbs written by King Solomon himself. It's a well of wisdom. Many people are just not patient enough to draw from this well. This is the correct chart, map and compass for life. It has applied answers so many crucial life questions and t hat is just what this blog will begin to do. Practical questions and situations will be analysed and answered. Please stay connected as you will benefit immensely from future posts.

The Secret to Success: Focus

What success may mean to one may be different from what success may mean to someone else. For an ex- student, success may mean gaining admission into a tertiary institution, while for a college student, it may mean getting a grade point sufficient enough to earn a first class or maintain a currently high CGPA. For a parent, it may mean giving her Children sound scriptural training in the way of the Lord. Success may also mean living a balanced Christian life; living a fulfilled stress - free life, or acquiring a skill for an independent financially self sufficient future life. Whatever the definition you give to success, Success is simply accomplishing your set goals and objectives. As wonderful and as necessary it is to succeed in life, it is important to note that there are innumerable distractions to success.  An Eagle with a keen vision There are a lot of reasons why people don't succeed. The reason is they are often distracted by ephemeral things. This shifts their