Skip to main content

The Action Word 'do'

We all have goals, desires and dreams that we want to achieve in our lives. Whatever it is, there is only one word that can bring our dreams to reality. That word is 'do'.

It does not matter what you want to become. What matters is the decisions you make, the actions you take, what you do to become what you desire to be.

We are defined not by what we know or say but by what we do.

A writer writes, a student studies, a teacher teaches, a singer sings, a worker works, a driver drives, a dancer dances, a drummer drums, a speaker speaks, a preacher preaches, etc.

It can be tricky to assume that the gap between where you are now and where you want to be in the future is as a result of lack of knowledge. We believe that a new result require new knowledge.

I agree with you. 

But what I'm beginning to realize now is that we use learning as a cloak to avoid taking action on the goals that are important to us.

We know so much that we do so less. We acquire so much knowledge day by day that we apply so little of those knowledge to our daily lives.

For instance,
You could know so much about time management, how to avoid procrastination, and so on. The knowledge on it's own is a means to help you make more informed decisions when you do decide to take action.

But what we do is we do not take action at all. We accumulate knowledge after knowledge but do nothing of what we have learnt or acquired.

We all have the tendency to give up on our goals, to lose focus, to become idle.That's definitely an expressway to live an unimportant insignificant life.

But there are some who overcome this tendency. They are the 'doers'

Being a doer is not as difficult as it seems.

It's simple.
- As a student, all you have do is to pick up a subject and study.

- As a writer, just pick up a pen and write.

- As a musician, pick up your instrument and compose a song.

- Whatever you are or will be, start somewhere, do something.

Enough of the wishy-washy. Enough of the idleness and day dreaming. Enough of researching the best method to approach your goals but end up procrastinating. Enough of the telling others what you can do or wish to do or should do or must do without taking any action to do them.

The only way to keep moving is to keep doing. That's the only way to live a significant life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lets get started: The Purpose of this blog

Let's be frank, I've known about blogging a long time ago. Around 2012, I'd been very passionate about owning a blog or a website. I posted my first article September 30, 2016. Why such big gap between when I had the idea of owning a blog and when I actually started blogging? Not just blogging; I've also experienced  this kind of scenario in other areas of my life. I've taken time to reflect about this and below are the few reasons I was able to map out. Connecting With  Others As a result of my upbringing, I've learnt to do things on my own. Although I've built a life of confidence and grit in what I do, ( at least to some extent ), I've come to discover that productive  team work is inevitable. This has to do with connecting with the right set of people. As regards owning a blog, I remember spending all night trying to create one. I eventually became frustrated because I just didn't understand how to go about it. I recall thinking perhaps I h

The Slow Forward Match to Greatness

We all have goals that we’d like to reach. And, if we had the choice, we would prefer to reach them sooner rather than later. We want to get results now. We want to make plans, pursue them and achieve immediate results. My experience teaching younger children has taught me some life lessons. First, the power of patience. Second, the power of repetition. Third, the power of learning by portion. Esther is a little girl I teach. She's active and ready to learn but easily distracted. She was yet to master the use of letters to form words. Words that rhyme. My goal for her was to make her master two-lettered words in one week, three-lettered words in the second week, four-lettered words in the third week. All in three weeks. By the fourth week, she would begin to read texts written from two letters to four letters. I set these goals in high spirits. I thought within myself:  If I can achieve this - I'll count myself an effective teacher, besides her parents would be impressed the

What Kind of Life Are You Living: Significant or Insignificant?

Life is all about choices. You live out what you choose - whether consciously or unconsciously . Right now, you are either living a life that is significant in your community or you're kind of lost in the crowd. If you are unsure of where you belong, don't worry, we are here for you. Choosing to live a significant life begins with a sombre reflection and realization. It also goes along with the willingness to pay a price. What Does it Mean to Live a Significant Life? Living a significant life is living a life of impact. A life that touches someone, meets the need of others; an indispensable life. You could be popular and still be miserable. You could have a large number of friends on social media and still be lonely. A significant life is an active life; a well that many can draw from. Pouring out yourself in this regard is very important. Anything significant must be useful, resourceful, indispensable. If it doesn't meet a need, then we can dispose it. When you live fo